Holiday shopping is in full-swing and the countdown has begun until Christmas is finally here. Hopefully by now, you have been busy booking parties, taking orders and making some money. With that said, just because it’s December 11th and Christmas is only days away, doesn’t mean that you should sit back & relax. Nope, there is still time for you to make some last-minute sales to new and established customers & party hosts!
Here are some tips that you can utilize right now to pull-in those last-minute sales!
- Hold a Cash & Carry party at your home during the weekend hours. I used to hold mine on a Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and a Sunday afternoon for one weekend in early December every year. During this Cash & Carry party I would sell off a lot of my overstock items, lightly-used demonstration items or left-over booking gifts. Most of the time I sold these products for 40% to 70% to unload them before the holidays. (Holiday shoppers LOVE bargains!)
- Host a regular party in your own home or a friend/family members home. Close out the party right away and get those orders submitted. Let guests know the delivery date and arrange delivery or pick-up the day AFTER the items arrive. Give your host a QUICK party turn-around!
- Basket Parties or Trunk Parties are great at this time of the year if you sell cash & carry type of products. Spread the word that you will have some great sales specials going on if customers host a basket/trunk party. Offer them a quick turn-around on order placement and delivery.
- A lot of Direct Sales companies offer BIG holiday sales and booking specials for the month of December and it’s your job to advertise them and capitalize on them. In addition, a LOT of companies realize that things slow down in early January and many of them release AWESOME booking specials and sales specials for the month of January. Heavily advertise those deals in December and get your booking calendar full for January.
- Offer a “BUY NOW” and “Get Discount Later” type of coupon deal! I used to let my customers know that if they placed orders with me during the month of December, I would give them a coupon for 25% OFF their entire order if they redeemed that coupon during the month of January. By doing this, I was getting extra orders in January (right after the holidays were over) instead of having a typical slower business month.
- Give FREE gift wrapping or gift bags to every customer who places an order with you during the month of December. This will help you to compete against those retail stores who offer free or low-cost gift wrapping services during the month of December. You can pick up gift bags and gift wrap at your local dollar store. (Ours sells 3 medium-sized holiday gift bags for $1.00 so that only cost me 33 1/3 cents per gift bag!)
This is a great time of the year for you to be out booking parties and selling products. As the Christmas holiday gets even closer, work really hard to advertise your business and to get that money that holiday shoppers are looking to spend! ~ Happy Holidays!
Article Source: http://www.workathomebusinessoptions.com/