Direct Sales – 9 Ways to Use Extra Product Inventory
As Direct Sales consultants, we often end up with excess product inventory. These items could be discontinued items, slightly used demonstration products, or items you received as gifts from your company.
At my home, space is at a premium. I like to use my overstock to help promote my business, after all, it doesn’t make me any money sitting around in storage.
Here are 9 creative ways you can use your inventory to enhance your business.
1. Booking Gifts – You can use products from your inventory to obtain new party bookings.
2. Customer Orders – Entice larger customer orders by offering a product from your overstock for free or for 1/2 price, if the customer places an order of $100 or more.
3. Open House – If you have a lot of overstock on hand, you can hold a cash and carry open house.
4. Rewards for Team Members – If you have a team, set a monthly goal for them to achieve. If they reach the goal, reward each member with an item from your personal inventory of products.
5. Sponsor a Contest – Donate a product to a business as a prize donation. You can receive some terrific business exposure.
6. Charity Raffle – Donate a product to a charity raffle event. You get business exposure and a tax write-off.
7. Recruiting Incentive – Offer a product from your inventory as an extra incentive to a potential new consultant to join your team.
8. Bartering – Consider bartering with other business owners for business products or services that you need.
9. Gifts – When you need holiday gifts for friends and family members, consider using items from your product inventory.
I hope these ideas have sparked a few of your own. Just remember, if your merchandise is sitting around in boxes collecting dust, it isn’t making you money.
Shelly Hill has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989. Shelly is a Manager with Tupperware. You can contact Shelly at:
Recipe Blog: http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com