Direct Sales Tips: How To Motivate Your Team
It is a well-known fact that managers who focus on the number of shows being held by their team have higher monthly sales. By learning early in the month how many shows are already on the books, you will discover how you can support your team members to achieve more success.
For example, a team with lots of shows scheduled will need guidance on hostess coaching and reducing postponements. On the other hand, a team with fewer shows may need a short-term booking challenge or ideas on how to schedule shows.
Here are just a few ideas for coaching your team:
1. Be informed. Prior to the first of the month, ask each team member to share how many shows they have booked. Give lots of appreciation and praise and offer guidance on how to book additional shows.
2. Offer a booking challenge. Challenge each Consultant to ask for a booking from five people every day for one week and watch her schedule fill. Because this challenge depends on the “honor system” keep your reward small but give it with lots of praise.
3. Reward results. Offer a “Consistency Award” to anyone on your team who holds one show a week for two consecutive months. These are potential stars.
4. Get the bigger picture! Record your team’s shows on one big show calendar! This helps you project group sales and provide support to help ensure their success.
5. Know your team show average. Helping your team members increase their show average is just as important as helping them book more shows. Since hostess coaching has the greatest impact on sales, ask Consultants to complete a Hostess Coaching Checklist for every show.
6. Emphasize sponsoring. Take advantage of the fabulous recruiting opportunities at shows by challenging your team to discuss the opportunity during their presentation and then offer it to every guest while writing up their order. Make sponsoring a natural part of your team’s shows and you will soon see results!
7. Lead by example. This is perhaps the most important tip we can offer because your team will follow your lead when it comes to holding shows and sponsoring. Be sure you are setting a good example by consistently holding shows of your own!
Jane Deuber is Co-Founder of http://www.DSWA.org (the association dedicated to the needs of independent party plan and network marketing professionals). Discover what makes the DSWA unique. Listen to three motivating and informative free teleseminars by visiting http://www.mydswa.org/tele_class.asp