Hostess Coaching: Make Those Calls!
Do you know what the most important part of your home party plan business is?
That’s right! And if you are making the calls and still getting low attendance or a lot of cancellations, maybe you’re not making the right type or right amount!
Five Essential Hostess Coaching Calls and Tips:
1. Call your hostess 48 hours after you booked her.
She will have verbally checked in with most people on her list, and if she hasn’t done so, it will prompt her to do so.
2. Her email or postcard invitation should only serve as a follow up reminder to her verbal invitation. She cannot rely on email or a postcard to get a response–let her know that and remind her of that from time to time. This is important!
3. Connect with your hostess on AND off line.
Add her to your friends list on Facebook and then post a comment here and there on how excited you are about doing her show. When you speak on the phone, connect with an interest, whether it be children, work, home, or even the weather. Don’t drag on, be brief, but do connect!
4. Your personal contact and enthusiasm is a contagious element that passes on to your hostess, and in turn gets attendance up. If your hostess ‘hasn’t heard from anyone’ coach her to know it is not unusual for people not to respond one-way or the other! That is why that final reminder call is so key!
5. The most important call of all? Yours to her the day before her home party to encourage her to make a final reminder call about her party.
IMPORTANT: ask her to make a final courtesy call to all her guests, even if they have said ‘yes’–as everyone is very busy and often forget! This last call from her is the one that can make or break the attendance for your home party! Get her to make it and you will have less postponements or cancellations.
Rina Valan is a 32 year expert and consultant in the direct selling industry. To learn more about practical business and direct sales tips, subscribe free to Rina’s personal blog: “The Daily Juice” And, if you are worrying about making ends meet, stuck in a traditional business or job, add the extra cash you need AND have fun with Fantasia Home Parties, the pioneers of in home romance parties for women and couples.