What Network Marketing Is Not….
If you are thinking about starting your own Home Party Plan business you need to understand a few things about what Network Marketing or Direct Sales is NOT. I thought I would share with you a couple of the ones I see most often in dealing with people who want to start in Home Party Plan businesses.
- It is NOT an INVESTMENT PROGRAM! Just because you bought a business opportunity, it will forever be a business ‘opportunity’ and not a business if you sit and do nothing. This is not Unit Trust or Mutual funds or a Fixed Deposit Savings Account. The money doesn’t grow by you becoming a distributor. The more you invest doesn’t mean you will necessarily earn more.
- It is NOT a GET RICH QUICK SCHEME! Those who make it big in MLM within a short time are the EXCEPTION to the NORM. Do you have what they have? (The experience, built trusts, contacts, paid the price) Everyone who has made it had all paid the price.
- It is NOT totally a SALES RECRUITMENT PROGRAM. Some like to sell. Some are salespersons, being good in sales will not make you succeed in MLM.
- It is NOT MUSICAL CHAIRS. It is never about whom gets there first, sponsor a few people then sit down and watch the group build itself while the latecomers miss out on the opportunity forever. Remember that if the downline works harder, they will eventually earn more than their uplines.
- It is NOT a 9-5 JOB. In a 9-5 job, some people get away without doing any work sometimes (they still get their salary). But it is very obvious in Network Marketing that what you GIVE is what you GET.
- It is NOT a CLONING MACHINE. I am not down playing the need for uniformity and like-mind direction but remember that EVERYONE is DIFFERENT. Different people have a different personal touch when it comes to recruiting. Their relationships with their prospects vary from groups to groups.
- It is NOT a 100 METER DASH. It is a marathon. Business builders must pace themselves over a period of time. Going ‘all out’ to the point of exhaustion is just bad because it is the quality of the work that counts, not the quantity. Don’t ‘close the back door’ or jump into the deep end without a float.
- It is DEFINITELY NOT a CULT. Please never ever treat your business like it is the ONLY business worth getting into (friend, if you don’t get into MY MLM and if you join others, you are not my friend). They are NOT losers if they don’t join you! Please don’t ever, EVER do this. You will lose a lot of true friends.
There are other NOT’s but these are the ones I see the most, avoid thinking this way and you will do much better with your Home Party Plan business. Enjoy your business and you will do well. To your success!
Article Written By: Sandy Sopin, a teacher who also works at home helping other work at home moms build their home based businesses. Specializing in Home Party Plan Businesses. Visit her website at www.pinkrenegade.com. You can also Subscribe to her newsletter, www.pinkrenegade.com , and receive a FREE GIFT “Fire Your Boss” ebook.